Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School situated in the picturesque city of Saint Albans, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from London. We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious teacher of Boys’ PE to join our outstanding PE Faculty. PE is a very popular subject with large numbers studying the subject. The school attaches high value to PE and it forms a flourishing part of our curriculum offer. We are seeking to recruit someone who is ambitious, dynamic and has a passion for PE, with expertise across all sports but with the experience to lead on Rugby. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career. There may be a position of responsibility available for a suitably qualified candidate.
- Notable successes in District, County and National competitions include basketball, rugby, football, netball and athletics. At a National Level, the school has achieved highly at basketball, rugby and football.
- The school is well known for its competitive sport within Hertfordshire and beyond and as a result has a packed fixture list competing against other successful schools.
- Over £8 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past three years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
If you have a passion for teaching PE, we would love to hear from you.
Applications from NQTs and experienced colleagues are welcome for this full time position
Salary: MPS/UPS plus fringe
Start date: September 2017
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. We prefer electronic applications and CVs will not be accepted.
Details are also available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Officer, Sandringham School, The Ridgeway, St Albans, AL4 9NX, Tel 01727 799560. Email email@example.com
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.