27th July 2020
We are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant for September 2020 to support Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) within the classroom, delivering targeted support for high needs students as well as helping to support the further development of intervention strategies, such as guided reading. This position is for 20 hour per week, term time only. The right candidate will enjoy working with a team to support with the planning and implementation of support and intervention programmes, work with the SEND external agencies and support the Senco with daily co-ordination and support of specific SEND students. Training will be provided. This post is explicitly linked to the Hertfordshire’s new High Needs Funding (HNF) initiative and is therefore fixed term for one year.
Over £10 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is a Research School, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
Sandringham School is a member of the Alban Academies Trust, together with Verulam School and Ridgeway Academy. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation.
Application deadline: 27th July 2020
Salary: H2 pro rata
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. Full details are available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com Applications should be sent electronically to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.