Closing: 9am, Monday 27th June
We are looking for an Assistant Librarian to join our Learning Resource Centre team (LRC). At Sandringham School, the LRC is the crux: a recently built centre for exploration, curiosity and passion for reading and understanding topics, issues, and the world. Through reading, we believe students access the curriculum, unlocking their understanding. The purpose of professionals in the LRC is to support each individual, to capture their interest, to challenge their understanding and to instil a value for reading and discovery. To be successful you will be a team player, have an interest in books and children’s literature, with the ability to pick up new tasks quickly, computer literate, have excellent attention to detail, great communication skills and a positive attitude. Key tasks include assisting with class visits, recommending books, processing and cataloguing books, creating displays and general administration tasks. A professional library qualification will be advantageous but is not essential. This role is for 15-20 hours per week, term time only. Times and hours across the days to be negotiated. This position is fixed term until July 2023 in the first instance.
The successful candidate will:
- be committed to working in the interests of students
- possess an aptitude for reading and learning
- have professional integrity
- have the ability to work well within a team
- promote Sandringham’s ethos and values
Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School situated in the picturesque city of Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from St Pancras, London.
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work with excellent students whose behaviour is exemplary
- The chance to work in a positive, welcoming and forward-thinking community where blended learning is seamlessly integrated into teaching and learning
- A dedicated staff who are enthusiastic and who want the best for students
- Coaching provision for all those new to the school within a comprehensive and fully developed induction programme
- A state-of-the-art learning campus which is fully resourced
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule
- Cycle to work scheme which is part of the school’s sustainability strategy
- We are working towards the MIND Wellbeing Accreditation and are committed to supporting the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of staff and students in the school.
Sandringham School is committed to ensuring inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates and encourage those from underrepresented groups, and/or with protected characteristics, to apply.
Sandringham is part of the Alban Academies Trust. The school leads the Alban Teaching School Hub and is a Research School. We are also designated DfE EdTech Demonstrator School and Computing Hub.
Application deadline: 9am, Monday 27th June 2022
Start Date: September 2022
Salary H3 pro rata plus fringe (£6,830 – £9,284 pa)
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.