KS3 Curriculum Maps
Please see below Curriculum Maps for Years 7,8 and 9 at Sandringham. This is in response to requests from parents to understand more about what their children are learning at school.
It also addresses a frequent question from the students about what they need to revise for a test or what the next topic is in their subject.
The maps are divided into the following sections:
- Content: the knowledge, the ‘what’ of each subject. Acquiring powerful knowledge is an end in itself and we want to ensure that there is a coherent sequence through the subject and that knowledge can be remembered, not merely encountered. Knowledge at each stage is a foundation for the next.
- Skills: the ‘how’ of each subject, the application of that knowledge in making sense of the world. How each student can be successful in that subject.
- Key Questions: each unit will pose some fundamental questions that excite curiosity and resonate beyond the immediate lesson content.
- Assessment: How teachers will judge if the knowledge and skills have been learned.
- Literacy / Numeracy / Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development / Character: How this unit supports students to build cross-curricular numeracy and literacy skills and also to be reflective thinkers, appreciating values, morals and ethics. Links are also made to the six traits of Character development that we promote at Sandringham.