IT Network Technician
Closing: 9am, Monday 4th July
We are looking for an IT Network Technician to join our schools Trust. This post is based at Sandringham School in St. Albans and Ridgeway Academy in Welwyn Garden City, with occasional travel to other Trust schools.
The successful IT Support Technician must have a minimum of 1 year continuous and recent IT support experience and a thorough knowledge of computer software and hardware and a variety of internet applications, networks and operating systems, including Google Workspace, Microsoft Windows and MacOS. The ideal candidate will also have good troubleshooting abilities, strong administration skills and an attention to detail.
Job responsibilities include:
- Support for operation of computers, peripherals and software across the network.
- Maintenance of the inventory of computing equipment throughout the school, including security markings.
- Maintenance of computer peripheral equipment such as copiers, printers and projectors; ensure that these are prepared and ready to be used.
- Manage and maintain classroom audio visual equipment including interactive displays
- Assisting in the administration of the network systems of the Trust
- Be familiar with the network infrastructure (cable and patch panel, router, switch, wireless etc.)
- Any other related task requested by the Director of IT or the Network Manager
The Alban Academies Trust, incorporates Sandringham School, Verulam School and Ridgeway Academy at secondary level and Garden Fields School, Skyswood School, Wheatfields Junior School and Wheatfields Infants’ and Nursery School at primary level.
We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation.
The candidate must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 4th July 2022
Salary: £21,906 – £24,121
Start Date: September 2022
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the Trust reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, Alban Academies Trust, The Ridgeway, St Albans, AL4 9NX, Tel 01727 799560. We are not able to accept CVs for this position. Email: email@example.com
Sandringham School and Alban Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.