Teacher of PRE – Full or part time
Closing: 9am, Tuesday 7th July 2020
Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School situated in the picturesque city of Saint Albans, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from London. We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious full or part time teacher of PRE to join our wonderful Philosophy, Religion and Ethics Faculty. As well as a full Key Stage 3 programme we offer Religious Studies at GCSE and philosophy, religion and ethics teaching as part of the Personal Development curriculum for all year 10 and 11 students. A-level is a popular choice and a subject well regarded by students. We are seeking to recruit someone who is inspiring, dynamic and has a passion for PRE. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career.
- Over £10 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is a Research School, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
Sandringham School is a member of the Alban Academies Trust, together with Verulam School and Ridgeway Academy. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation. If you have a passion for teaching Philosophy, Religion and Ethics, we would love to hear from you for this full or part time position.
Application deadline: 9am Tuesday 7th July 2020
Please submit your application as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Applications from NQTs and experienced colleagues are welcome for this full or part time position. For NQTs this will be a paid position from July 2020.
Full details are available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, Email firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the current situation and remote working practices please only submit electronic applications.
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination.