Theatre Technical Manager
Closing: 9am, Monday 13th June 2022
Sandringham School is highly popular, outstanding and World Class School with a 260-seater theatre which hosts school events, concerts and practical exam performances and also hires out space to local community groups. The school is situated in the picturesque city of St Albans, Hertfordshire, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from St Pancras, London.
We are looking to recruit a Theatre Technical Manager to take responsibility for all the technical aspects of our performances and hires. Our ideal candidate will have experience programming and operating both lighting and sound systems, a good knowledge of safe working practices and a ‘can do’ attitude. Applicants need to be flexible and able to work evenings and weekends. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing organisation and gain significant experience to further enhance their career.
The successful candidate will:
- have relevant technical expertise in theatre
- have a passion for theatre, be enthusiastic and have a hands-on approach
- have flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a rota basis
- promote Sandringham’s ethos and values
What can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work with outstanding students and high-performing Arts faculties
- The chance to work in a positive, welcoming and forward-thinking community
- A dedicated staff who are enthusiastic and who want the best for students
- Coaching provision for all those new to the school within a comprehensive and fully developed induction programme
- A CPD package which is tailored to suit your stage of career development
- A state-of-the-art learning campus which is fully resourced
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule
- Cycle to work scheme which is part of the school’s sustainability strategy
- We are working towards the MIND Wellbeing Accreditation and are committed to supporting the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of staff and students in the school.
Sandringham School is committed to ensuring inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates and encourage those from underrepresented groups, and/or with protected characteristics, to apply for this full time position.
Sandringham is part of the Alban Academies Trust. The school leads the Alban Teaching School Hub and is a Research School. We are also designated DfE EdTech Demonstrator School and Computing Hub.
Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 13th June 2022
Visits to the Theatre prior to application are warmly welcomed, please contact Miles Leven via the Box Office on 01727 799565
Salary: £24,151 – £28,863 per annum plus anticipated show overtime of £2,000-£3,000 pa
Please do not delay your application – Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
We cannot accept CVs for this position, please use the school application form. Full details are available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com
Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, email email@example.com
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.