French Language Assistant
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 1st June 2020
We are seeking to recruit a French Language Assistant to support primarily our GCSE and A-level students in preparing for their Speaking Exams but also to inspire our KS3 pupils to speak French inside and outside lessons. The Language Assistant will be required to prepare and teach 1-1 or small group sessions and also to support in lessons where required. The successful applicant will be required to communicate effectively with young people, liaise with teachers, adapt and create resources and act as a role model to raise our students’ aspirations.
This position is for 11 hours per week, term time only. The rate of pay is £18.50 per hour which includes holiday pay which is paid at the statutory rate of 12.07%
Over £10 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
- All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
- Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
- The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is a Research School, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
- Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
- Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and access to a wide variety of school trips.
Sandringham School is a member of the Alban Academies Trust, together with Verulam School and Ridgeway Academy. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation.
Application deadline: 9am Monday June 1st 2020
Interview format to be confirmed
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Applications should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, via email at email@example.com
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.