Teacher of Music
Closing: 9am, Monday 23rd November 2020
Sandringham School is a high performing and extremely popular Outstanding School situated in the picturesque city of Saint Albans, conveniently located just 20 minutes by train from London. We are looking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious part-time teacher of Music to join our outstanding Music Faculty. Music is very popular with large numbers studying the subject at KS4 and KS5. We are seeking to recruit someone who is inspiring, dynamic and has a passion for Music. We hold Platinum Artsmark status and have a 260 seater theatre which hosts school events, concerts and practical exam performances and also hires out space to local community groups. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who wants to join a high performing school and gain significant experience to further enhance their career.
• Over £10 million has been invested in developing the learning environment in the past five years to provide a state-of-the-art learning campus.
• All students bring their own tablet device to school so that teachers can be even more flexible in their delivery of lessons.
• Behaviour is exemplary and visitors always comment on the outstanding learning ethos across the school.
• The school runs a Teaching School Alliance, is a Research School, is an Awarding Body for Initial Teacher Training, holds International status and embraces excellence in all areas of the curriculum.
• Staff who work at the school receive outstanding training and gain significant career experience.
• Staff can benefit from the school’s children of staff admission rule, a cycle to work scheme and access to a wide variety of school trips.
Sandringham School is a member of the Alban Academies Trust, together with Verulam School, Ridgeway Academy, Wheatfield’s Junior School and Wheatfield’s Infants’ and Nursery School. We work in a multi-academy trust to share best practice, deliver joint training, promote the highest of expectations and raise achievement for all students. Our motto is ‘Educational Excellence for Everyone’. The trust offers significant opportunities for career development of staff at all levels within our organisation. If you have a passion for teaching Music, we would love to hear from you.
Application deadline: Monday November 23rd 2020 at 9am
Start date: January/February 2021
Salary: MPS/UPS plus fringe
Applications from NQTs and experienced colleagues are welcome for this part-time position.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate. Full details are available from our website www.sandringham.herts.sch.uk or www.teachinherts.com We prefer electronic applications which should be should be sent to: Kate Ward, HR Manager, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sandringham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references. We are strongly committed to promoting equality of opportunity and the elimination of unlawful discrimination. Please note that this post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.