Summer School 2021 Information
Sandringham Starters Summer Camp 2022
The purpose of Summer Starters Summer Camp is to provide transition support and enrichment opportunities to the Year 7 cohort of students joining Sandringham School in September 2022. Students will be able to join on all or any days of the week beginning 15th August.
The week will be staffed solely by Sandringham School Teaching/Support Staff and is designed to offer a balance of academic and enrichment sessions. Within this, the week will focus on team building opportunities, to support our students’ immersion into Sandringham culture, reducing apprehension, and instilling a sense of comradery and community.
The cost for the summer camp is £30 per day. Those students who are eligible for pupil premium funding will be supported to attend the summer camp by this funding allocated to the school. Please contact Louise Turner if this situation applies to you.
If you would like to express interest in your child(ren) attending, please complete this questionnaire;
When we conducted the summer camp in previous years, parents and carers had this to say…
- ‘Excellent idea and much appreciated this year in particular. It is a large school and can be overwhelming, and this week has allayed any fears or concerns and helped my child to feel really confident about starting in September. Lesson choices seemed very appropriate as well, fun, but suggestive of the approaches and style that they will experience when starting. Many thanks to all the staff.’
- ‘A wonderfully run week with a great mix of work and fun. Well done and thank you for such a brilliant week’
- ‘The week was brilliant from start to finish, we are so grateful our child got to experience this, as he is now excited about starting. He particularly enjoyed the drama and the science lessons.’
- ‘I think you did an amazing job and my son thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. He’s gained confidence in knowing his way around the school and has already made some new friends so he’s found it a really positive experience and I’m really glad I signed him up for it.’
- I can not fault this experience one bit. Mrs Pratt especially has been exceptional in dealing with my son’s anxiety and making his (and my) experience much easier. The communication has been brilliant (very useful to have a direct line) and the teachers’ input, support and care for my son has been amazing. Thank you all for this experience and for giving up your time in your much deserved summer holiday.
- I think it has been a fantastic experience for my Son ( and myself). My son needed support midweek as he was feeling overwhelmed and in his words “lonely” especially at lunchtime. The staff were incredible in communicating with myself and most importantly finding positive ways to help my son so that he felt able to complete the week at Sandringham. Heart felt thank yous and well dones to all involved.
- Mixing the children up was a good thing, as otherwise they stay in their comfort zone. My child hasn’t had many experiences this year to force her into new situations: no PGL, no kingswood, so it was good to have her on the school site, meeting new people, and trying new things.
Any question/enquiries should be e-mailed into school for the attention of Sandringham Starters and we will provide any further detail.