BRITISH SCIENCE WEEK, 14-18 March
Our theme this year is reducing the school’s carbon footprint.
In tutor time during that week, students will be entering their carbon-saving activities as part of a house competition to save the greatest mass of carbon dioxide emissions!
- Meat-free Monday
- Non-uniform day on the Wednesday (students and staff please wear a pre-loved item of clothing)
- Guest speaker Phil Porter from University of Hertfordshire
- Tree maintenance and biodiversity survey of the site
- Electricity generation by exercise biking
- Walk or cycle to school instead of driving, on the Wednesday
- Carbon-neutral catering on the Wednesday
- Sixth form clothes exchange fayre
- House quiz
- Chemistry Show in the Sandpit Theatre, 6pm on Tuesday 15 March
- Lunchtime extracurricular activities
- Climate Change summit
We will also be encouraging students and their families to plant a tree, which you can do here (https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/protecting-trees-and-woods/campaign-with-us/big-climate-fightback/)
To sign up for the activities, students and parents/guardians should use SOCS: https://www.socscms.com/SOCS/Default.asp or get to it through the mySandstorm page.
For tickets for the Chemistry Show, visit the Sandpit Theatre website: https://sandpittheatre.co.uk/SandpitTheatre.dll/WhatsOn